Saturday, July 25, 2009

Scout and Jem Go Camping

I just returned from my first "father-daughter" camping trip with my 5 year old Katie. We camped at Rock Point Provincial Park. It rained nearly the entire time, the tent was leaky, and the site was covered with muck, water, and mucky water.

While trapped in our tent on the first day, my sweat-pea said, "I really like camping with Papa."

After the first wet night, I was ready to pack it in and go to McDonald's for breaky. She persevered in persuading me to stick it out; so, I cooked on the Coleman under an umbrella and we ate breakfast sheltered by the back-hatch of the van.

She even wanted to stay another day.

Best part of camping? Scout replies, "Being allowed to run through puddles." We had plenty of puddles to spare this trip.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I have a blog at www.picturecamping.com where I feature people's posts about camping, and I would like to send my readers your way. Of course I would give you credit for quotes and would link back to your site.

Thanks for considering this,

Jean B. in SC

Jeremy W. Johnston said...

Sounds great! Thanks for stopping by.

Jeremy