Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Messy Reader...

It is now 2010, and I am reviewing my reading list from 2009. My plan was to read Schaeffer from March 2009 to March 2010... Alas, I have fallen short of my plan to learn at the feet of this spiritual giant.

Here is my list of Schaeffer readings:

- True Spirituality
- Mark of the Christian
- Escape from Reason
- Art and the Bible
- (Biography) Francis Schaeffer: An Authentic Life (by Colin Duriez)

What else have I been reading?

- This Momentary Marriage by John Piper
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- L'Etrange by Albert Camus
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- The Iliad by Homer (finally finished!)
- Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor
- Jack's Life by Douglas Greshem

What have I started but haven't finished (yet)...?

- The Aeneid by Virgil
- Art for God's Sake by Philip Ryken
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Christian Lover by Michael Haykin
- Five Cities that Ruled the World by Douglas Wilson
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (with Laurie)
- Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (with the boys)

This last bit, the bit about "books I have started but not finished"... that's the "Messy Reader" bit. I think I have a sickness. This morning I starting reading Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Perhaps the eighth habit might be, read one book at a time and finish it! For the record, I am enjoying all the books I am currently reading.

No comments: